1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help! (betta spawning)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Betta_04, Mar 25, 2004.

?

How many people have had a succesful first spawn?

1. I have

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I almost did

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Betta_04

Betta_04 New Member

Please help I could really use some tips on how to get you betta to build a bubblenest!!! and how to make the bubblenest, how do I put it, STICK AROUND! :( every time he blows one, a couple minutes later it is almost all gone! can anyone help?????

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Putting my males next to each other usually helped. I only have one betta now (male) and he is constantly filling the tank with bubbles. I have had some stubborn ones who will not make them. Just hang in there hopefully he will learn.

3. Betta_92

Betta_92 New Member

Thanks

I switched bettas, because the other one makes better bubble nests, he is makeing a prety good one, but how big dose it have to be to be ready??? thanks for the replys

4. HCL113083

HCL113083 New Member

My betta needed a styrafoam cup cut long ways in half (so it was like a floating half cycle cave). He used that as his nest and it was pretty secure that only a few bubbles poped. I had the eggs hatch, but was unable to keep them alive past the 2 week mark. GOOD LUCK!!

5. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

It might just depend on the betta you have. I've had betta's that build huge nests and some that had "nests" consisting of 2 bubbles floating at the top of the tank.

HCL113083's suggestion of the styrafoam cup might help. I used it with one of my betta's a while back.

Good Luck!

6. Betta_92

Betta_92 New Member

thanks

thank you for replying. My betta still hadn't made a bubble nest so I cheated and stole from anothers, thats worked fine, but now how do I get them to actually breed??? My female wasn't to happy about the nest and she started trying to destroy it. He and she stayed in the same bowl for over twelve hours, nothing happened took the female out, then the next day dropped her back in, still nothing happened. what else can I do???