1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Breeding feeder gupppies!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I have a very bare 10 gallon tank and I really need to find out how to breed and care for feeder guppies! Any replies or references would really help. Thanks!

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Oh yeah and I bought 6 females and 4 males for breeding!

3. mknuth

mknuth New Member

They will breed on their own faster than you can imagine, but you need plants or something for the fry to hide in once they are born. Or you can just remove the pregnant female into a hatchery until the fry are born and then remove the female until the fry are big enough to go into the bigger area.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Do you know how long it would take by any chance!

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

they will breed as they are right now expect babies in 2 to 4 weeks

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

just leave them to do their own thing. my platties breed like there is no tomorrow and same with my friends guppies. eventually you will see the gravid spot on the female. and the best part is caring for the fry!

7. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Use alot of plants for hiding and remember that there should always be more females than males so as to mate and prevent fin-nipping. The strongest fry will survive however. Best of luck.

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thanks all your replies really helped!

9. swtnpink

swtnpink New Member

My betta fishes gave birth a while back and I didn't know what to feed it... does it eat the same thing mama and papa fish eat?

I'm planning to get get guppies as well, that's why I'm kind of curious since I've heard that guppies multiply faster than rabbits =P

10. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

if your going to do that please make sure you have a home for them. i did a mistake and tryed breedin them and omgosh now i am over run with fry. to much trouble!! lol.

as for the feeding the fry for the beta go down to your lfs and ask them about it. they will have foods set aside for these things. well mine does atleast