1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help:Breeding Gouldians

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by DogmaMa, May 23, 2004.

1. DogmaMa

DogmaMa New Member

Hey all, I have a nice pair of Gouldian Finches, that laid some eggs before I was ready with some foster parent birds to raise them, now that im ready for them, theyve stopped laying. The male harasses her to get her into the nest, but she wont lay. I know that with other bird species there are specific tricks to getting them to lay, has anyone here had any luck with gouldians, that can offer me advice? Ive tried to get them to lay in a community setting with my zebras and societies, and THOSE guys are laying tons of eggs, but not the gouldains. What type of nest do they like? What type of lining? They were alone as a pair in a cage when they laid before, but stopped doing it.