1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help!!! Fish has Ich!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nathanael, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael New Member

I have an Engenier Goby and I'm pretty sure he has Ich :cry: . I have this stuff called Ick Eez and what I am wondering is if it is ok for saltwater fish and inverts. If not, is there any other way I can treat it? I am open to any suggestions.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

usually the back of the container will tell you if it is suitiable for inverts.....as for if its good for saltwater, yes it is.

3. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

most meds are not reef/invert safe, and the ones that are, often have been used with mixed results, either the meds killed the inverts, or they didn't kill the ich, but some success has occured. I would maybe suggest Hyposalinity as another option. Bring down your salinity slowly moving it a point or two every day and bringing it down to 1.016 *brain fart, don't know if its one more zero in there before the 16, look on the hydrometer hahah* the ich often cannot breed at this salinity and die. Freshwater dips can help the immediate cause, but be very careful about making the freshwater the same parameters as your main tank! QT is also a way of getting rid of ich, set up a smaller tank and put all the fish in there... make daily water changes and tests because this tank is not cycled... (you should always have a QT tank set up and ready for fish!) And then you can treat the fish without treating the inverts. Leave the fish out of the main tank for at LEAST 4 weeks to make sure the fish won't recontract ich.

4. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

also use water from the main tank to setup your QT so you have the same conditions as the main tank in the QT!

5. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

A good thing to do along with medicating, is to raise the temperature of the tank a few degrees, and to add a small amount of salt to your water.

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea.....i think between 1 tablespoon for every 5-10 gallons is appropriate.....make sure it is aquarium salt and NOT tble salt b/c table salt is poisonous to fish.

7. Ellie

Ellie New Member

I have a question did your fish loose his or her tail? Becuase I had a golsfish that started off with a lost tail and then it went into Ich.