1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Found Egg !!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by feather friend, May 21, 2008.

1. feather friend

feather friend New Member

Hi. My friends found a (seemly unharmed) Robin egg at the bottem of thier tree. They looked all over, but they couln't locat the nest. They are keeping it under a lamp to keep it warm. They don't know nothing at all about keeping birds. I really need to know what to do so I can tell them. Thanks :) But I think its dead

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

It may not even be fertilized.. I wouldn't worry to much about it :wink:

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I agree with chezza even if it was fertilised, chances are it will be dead now as, Don't know how it got there it could have fell from a nest this would have shaken up the egg and killed the embryo.

Someone could have stolen it from a nest and dropped it again this will have caused damage to the egg.

My suggestion would be just to throw it away, as even if the egg is fine there is the effort of handfeeding the chick and raising it which is no easy task.

the other option is search around for a wild bird rescue and let them know the situation and they might take the egg in and look after it.

Keeping the egg under a lamp even if fertile and fine, is no quarantee that it will hatch, as the temp, moisture, and rotation has to be done correctly..

Mike