1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I found something weird on my fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Cleo1668, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

Today I noticed that each of my 3 Zebra Danio's have a white bump on their tail fin. I looked up fish diseases, but none of them seem to describe what I see. Ich is described as multiple small white spots the size of a grain of salt. They each only have one bump that is a bit larger than a grain of salt.
    Does anyone know what this is? Is it something I should be worried about?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Can you post a picture?

-Chelle

3. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

I'm unable to get a picture of them. They don't stay still long enough!!! :x

Also, it doesn't match any of the fungus descriptions either. It doesn't look "cottony" as they describe.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

About how big is it?

Here's a couple ich spots on a 1" glowlite
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

5. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

It looks similar to that, but they aren't as round and maybe a tiny bit larger. Maybe I should treat them for Ich just to be on the safe side?

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and treat.

-Chelle