1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help - I think Abbey hurt her paw

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by abbeys-mom, Sep 1, 2004.

1. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

I noticed last night that one of Abbey's paws is like a brownish colour on the fur around the large paw pad. The other paws are fine, it is only one that is brownish red colour. Kinda the same colour as her tear stains on her face.
    I tried to gently pull the paw pads apart to see if she was cut, but I can not see anything that looks like a cut, or a source of the possible blood (brown stain).

Does anyone have any sugestions? Abbey is not limping and she seems fine other than the brownish colouring.

Thanks!

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Maybe she has been licking at it? I'd watch her for possible signs of allergies or a nervous licking thing starting up.

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Jake has that, he is beginning to look like a choc lab instead in a yellow one. I ssuspect allergices. my vet told me that cooration is a sign of a yeast problem
    so now he is on accidolphilous (sp)
    honeybear

4. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

thanks for the replys... I find in quite interesting that I noticed a post from another member about the same brown stained paws, as well as another post in the TOY dog forum about brown stained paws. I wonder if it could be something to do with the time of year causing the pups to lick them selves like this.

I am going to bath Abbey tonight, and check at the health store for something to help with the itch as well as the yeast, cause I have heard that the stains caused from her tears are from yeast, so I believe the brown colour indicates yeast, from licking or tears running, basically excessive moisture.

I'll let you all know what I find...

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

try abby on accidolphilous.

Jake is on bakpak from www.nzymes.com there is also great readding up on this site and yeast problems

honeybear

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I'm sure its just from licking...Sometimes they can get a small splinter or thorn in their paw and it irritates them so they lick at it. I would try getting a magnifying glass and taking a look. See if you can see any small obstructions, thorns, or splitners.

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Do you find that it works?

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

It is helping lot with no ot spots and ear infections, but as for his fur discoloration, not helping with that, which just has to go away as he stays out of the water , teh coloring gets real bad in the summer because Jake wont stay out of our pool and creates excess yeast,

honeybear

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I did not understand what you meant before it says ear infections!

10. honeybears

honeybears New Member

sorry puttin, I need to slow down on typing, it is hot spots, they are nasty, and can literraly grow from a pin head size to a quarter overnight

here is link that tells about them

http://www.thepetcenter.com/exa/hotspots.html

honeybear

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Ok hot spots. Those were some nasty ones. On occasion Rufus will irritate a bump and make it bigger. I guess thats hot spot right. I usually put his cone on and treat them daily with (first peroxide) then learned not to use it. Then I started using sulfedine. They healed up great.