1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HeLp! I think my CATFISH IS DYING!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by pet_lover2370, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pet_lover2370

pet_lover2370 New Member

HE stays at the top of the tank and doesn't go down. He just floats around and claps his jaws. He is sometimes pushed around by the filter and I don't know what is wrong! It is a 3 inch catfish in a 5 gallon tank. PLEASE HELP!

2. pet_lover2370

pet_lover2370 New Member

he... he... he... he...

is he looking for food?

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Unfortunately, your fish is way to big for your tank. The jaw action is actually the fish gasping and trying to get more oxygen. In a large tank with good filtration, the catfish would be comfortable and have no problem processing oxygen. I'm sorry to have such bad news for you, but it doesn't sound too good.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.