1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help, is my budgie OK?!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lilest Budgie, Jun 26, 2004.

1. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

My little budgie Angel got his first few flights around the room. He is getting more comfortable but likes to stay on the top of his cage. My REAL problem is that he sometimes gets scared and flys near the ceiling, around the room then hits a wall! and falls to skid across the floor a bit. He looks and acts fine but I read birds can hide their pain and injurys. Is he hurt? Should I take him to a vet?

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I think that if he did it like once or twice and they weren't like really hard crashes they should be alright because that used to happen alot to my birds and they are alright. But since I don't know how hard the crash was I would say it would probaly be best to get a vet to do a quick check on him because, yes, as you said it is quiet difficult to tell if a bird is experiencing pain! But I wish you the best of luck with your angel1

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi hope angel is ok now.

The problem with birds is you dont actually know when they are in pain or ill until its too late as they are very good at hiding this as in the wild they were vulnerable if they showed ill health or weakness.

mike