1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help me help me help me!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by partyanimal, Apr 13, 2004.

1. partyanimal

partyanimal New Member

i would luv to get a budgie. i have bin on the internet and no evrything i need to to own a budgie. i finally ask my mum if i can get one and she sed no because she thinks it cruel to keep a bird in a cage. ive tried to tell her ill stay in my room with it for hours on end so it can fly around my room. but she still thinks its cruel. wot can i say to her to make her change her mind? any one have any ideas?

:( :?: :(

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I don't think it's wrong to keep a bird in a cage ( considering I have 3) as long as the cage is big enough for the bird to live in comfortably. What is cruel is to pluck a bird out of it's natural habitat, stick it in a cage and sell it as a pet.

When I was younger I had 3 cockatiels and a canary. When they died I didn't get another bird until I was 18 because my father absolutely refused to get another bids.

What I did was to research about my bird (also a budgie) and I would drop random facts ( about the breed and care). My parents became so impressed at how knowledgable I was and arranged with my neighbor ( who breeds budgies) to get me one. When I went over to pick him up I ended up getting 2 instead and my parents weren't mad at all.

They also weren't mad when I brought Kiwi (My flea market rescue) home, eventhough he wasn't as pretty as the others at the time (He had a really bad case of scaly face/feet), although my dad was a little annoyed with having another pet in "his house".

You could try explaining to your mom that you would only get a budgie born and raised in captivity ( she might think that most birds are caught wild).

Also try to get her involved. When you go to the pet store take her over to the bird section and say something like "They're all so pretty. Which one do you like the best?"

If you do get a bird, be careful about letting it fly around your house. When I first get my birds I make sure their wings are clipped until they get used to being handled.

Hope this helps!

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I don't know what to say! I h ave friends that are like that!