1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help Me Tame My Parakeet

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by JustInLove, Jun 8, 2004.

1. JustInLove

JustInLove New Member

:eek: Hi! I was wondering if you guys can help me. When I got my parakeet it wasn't tamed when I got it. When I open his cage he'll go out and exercise, but he won't let me touch him. He won't even let me get near him :? . I'v got him for two weeks. Please reply ASAP.

Thank You! :D

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi the rule of thumb is never rush things as this can make the bird more scared of you and more agressive.

The best thing to do is if he likes a certain piece of fruit or veg put some in your hand and place your hand in the cage very slowly hold it still for about 5mins and then very slowly move closer then stop and remove your hand.

Do this a few times a day and he will leran to trust you and understand your not going to hurt him.
    Or there is the method of using a wooden perch place that next to him see if he will step onto it then slowly bring him out the cage keep doing this and when he is out hold the perch out at arms length and he should eventually learn to fly to it and sit there.

Good luck and be patient it does take time.

mike