1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HELP MY CAT IS SICK & I DONT KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by FREDDIETUXCAT, May 26, 2004.

1. FREDDIETUXCAT

FREDDIETUXCAT New Member

PLEASE HELP.....MY CAT FREDDIE ...IS A LOVING PLAYFULL CAT. BUT SUDDENLY IS THROWING UP EVERYTHING HE EATS....SO HE HAS STOPPED EATING. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS HAIRBALLS....BUT TODAY WHILE CLEANING THE BOX OUT......I NOTICED BLOODY STOOL. IM VERY WORRIED ABOUT HIM. IM NOT SURE WHAT COULD BE WRONG...IM SCARED OF THE VET....EVERY TIME I GO TO ONE IT COST ME A COUPLE OF THOSAND DALLARS....I NO LONGER HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY TO HELP HIM.....IM STILL IN DEBT FROM THE LAST TIME MY OTHER CAT WAS ILL....I GUESS IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHAT IT COULD POSSIBLY BE.....AND IF IM IN FOR ASTRINOMICAL VET BILLS

PLEASE HELP

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

well, unfortunately it sounds like the vet would want to do fecal exams at least, maybe blood tests. could you provide more information about your kitty. like his age, food he eats, general medical condition etc.
    i am just a lay person, not a vet or in the medical profession. but it sounds like he needs to be seen. it could be a number of different things. has he had his vaccinations, ruled out feline leukemia, and other serious illnesses? i wish you luck. it looks like you are a new member. i have found this forum to be very supportive and informative. good luck to your little kitty

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

why would a vet charge 2000 dollars for a visit? the max it should cost for a blood test, urine and fecal test and checkup is 200. not 2000. i think you are over exaggerating. none of us can tell what is wrong with your cat, only the vet can! how about you ring around for prices of tests and consultations. or ask if a shelter can help.

4. FREDDIETUXCAT

FREDDIETUXCAT New Member

NO .....IT DOESNT COST 2000.00 PER VISIT......EVERY TIME IVE BROUGHT AN ANIMAL TO THE VET....IT ALWAYS ENDS UP SERIOUS AND OVER TIME COSTING ALOT. MULTIPLE MEDS....MULTIPLE VISITS...MULTIPLE PROCEDURES. IM JUST AFRAID THAT ITS SERIOUS AGAIN. HE IS JUST 1 YR OLD HAS HAD ALL HIS SHOTS & IS NEG FOR FELINE LUK...I KNOW ILL END UP HAVING TO BRING HIM TO THE VET IF THIS DOESNT GO AWAY.....I JUST CANT AFORD FORTHIS TO BE A SERIOUS ILLNESS.

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

please take him to the vet BEFORE it progresses any further - the longer you wait the worse it gets thus creating more medical care.

It's one of the obstacles about pet ownership....medical responsiblity for them.

Yes unexpected stuff does happen, and seems to when we don't have the money - but if you don't seek medical care for your cat it is considered neglect and you don't want to do that.

It could be something as simple as a severe case of intestinal worms. At least bring a fecal sample in for testing and that way you won't get charged for an office visit. Hopefully they can find something that way. Call and ask if they'll do this for you.

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member