1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help my sick cat

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by cat lover, Mar 30, 2010.

1. cat lover

cat lover New Member

:( hi everyone, im new to this, but i would just like to ask for some advice, my beautiful black and white cat binx is 15 yrs old, and is like one of the family, but recently he has started to have fits, he has only had small ones only lasting around a minute, but today he had a bad one which lasted around 10 minutes, i had to hold him tight in my arms so he wouldnt hurt himself and then he settled down and slept it off in my arms, now he seems fine, just a little sleepy.. i darn't take him to the vets incase he says i have to have him put to sleep...

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Hi cat lover. Sorry to hear about your kitty. Definitely take him to see a vet asap. It may be something that can be treated, or it may be that Minx is truly suffering and the best thing for him is to be lovingly put to sleep. I know it's hard, I've been there.

Please let us know how it goes!

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

cradling any animal while they are having a seizure is a good way to get bit. They are confused and scared and usually react from that.
    A vet is what your older kitty needs....could be many things
    good luck

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome.... Sorry to hear about your fur baby!! Take him to the vet it is the best thing for you to do... Like the others said it could be something that is treatable... If it is time it's time and the loving thing would be to do it. We've all been there!! Never easy but necessary. Hard to watch our fur family get old!!
    Good luck keep us posted.

5. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help with my cat who is sick. Your cat seems to be having siezures of some kind. Many reasons this might happen and he really needs a Vet visit. My beagel had seizures and the vet finally found he was having small heart attacks. Lots of meds later he lived 3 more years, so I know that you don't want to hear the words from a vet that your cat needs to be put to sleep, there is equal chance he can help it too.

6. leeeendah

leeeendah New Member

10 year old cat with bloated belly very sick

Does anyone have advice? I have taken my 10 year old male cat to vet (distended belly) and spent over $1000 for tests. (Unfortunately I have no more money). The vet says it is not the liver, heart, cancer or tumor (that you can see with the ultra sounds), but there is fluid build up in stomach (not air). He wants to eat but only takes 2-3 small bites of wet food and hardly eats any dry cat food. He does drink water and is going to bathroom, but it's a bit runny. 2 months ago his tail was bitten by a wild animal outside and he was wounded but taken to the vet and tail was sewn back on and he was on antibiotics and pain medicine. He was on the mend, when I took him up for follow up two weeks after tail incident and after the sutures were removed, that's when vet said his belly is bloated but didn't think it had anything to do with the attack on his tail by wild animal. After 4 tests and vet appt/consultation they do not know what is wrong with him.....What can I do, it's breaking my heart! He spends most of his time hanging out with us now and moves slow, and is getting weaker. My vet's answer is more tests and to keep draining fluid (not a permanent solution!) but I don't want to keep bringing him back when they can't find what's wrong and I have no more money and it's traumatic to the cat. He is getting skinny and I'm always trying to get him to eat. I was going to try "Kittyvite" or "Nutrical" to get him to eat more, but I think it's too late. I think I already know the answer but I don't want to do it, I love him so much. Has anyone else had this happen to their cat?

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

i would wonder about FIP....google it
    there is no test to confirm or rule it out. Vets have to go on symptoms

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Any updates on your kitty??

10. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

My present problem was resolved by some great advice. I have posted photos on photo bucket. It shows all mt babies. Take a look. The link is in an earlier post.