1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help on my new red devil and dempsy

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by red devil lover, Apr 5, 2006.

1. red devil lover

red devil lover New Member

hey guys i jus got a 30 gallon tank and i jus bought a red devil and a dempsy iam not planing to buy more fish just stick with those 2 can u guys tell me if they can live or not or any info about them thanx

2. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

sorry to say but 30 gallons is way to small for either of them not to mention both.

3. red devil lover

how big do they grow?

4. red devil lover

crush my red devil

hey guys ok when i go by the tank crush (red devi) follows me and like when i sit down by the tank he like stands right in frunt of me not scared. but the kool part is when i close open my mouth it does the same thing i do i mean i know the breath but like if i keep it open for a wile he odes the same. its so kool if u guys know any more tricks i can teach him tell me. thanx

5. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Both fish can get up to a foot long. Average i would say being 10 inches.
    They both would need no less than 50 gallons each.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

And that's just in terms of bioload. Due to their extremely aggressive nature, you'll probably need a lot more (like 180 for the pair) to provide them each with lots of territory and room to escape. Even that might not be enough, though. Most people can't keep any tankmates with RD's so you might be better off getting 2 50+ gallon tanks and separating them.

-Chelle