1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help! tank photos??

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sushi101, Aug 10, 2004.

1. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

How do I take pictures of my tank? We have a decent quality camera and I cant seem to get any good pictures. I need some pointers. :?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

make sure there are no lights n the room on except for the qauriums...that includes closing the blinds on the windows if there are some...that should help.

3. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

The darned flash keeps going off when I put it to the action mode, other settings the fish come out blurry :? Stupid camera , I'll wait for the wife to get home :wink:

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

Also, put the camera into "macro" mode and get as close to the tank as possible.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If you're trying to get a pic of the whole tank, turn off all the room lights, set up a tripod if possible, don't use the flash, and set the camera at a slower shutter speed if possible. I know on my camera, I can't directly adjust the shutter speed, but I can adjust the exposure value wich in turn adjusts the shutter speed accordingly. Or, if you're going to use a flash, try taking the picture at a slight angle (like slightly above) to the tank.

If you're trying to get pics of individual fish, definitely use the macro mode and don't use the zoom. Again, if you're using the flash, take the pic at an angle to the glass. If you don't use the flash, make sure you have LOTS of light on the tank and play around with the shutter speed again.

If the fish keeps moving before the camera can auto focus, pick out an area that the fish swims by often. Find a decoration in the tank that's the same distance from the camera as the fish would when it swims by that spot. Press the button 1/2 way and hold it. That will get the camera focused at that distance and hold that focus. Go back to the area that the fish swims by and when he gets there, press the button all the way. The camera should already be focused correctly so the camera will take the pic immediately rather than waiting to auto focus.

And lastly, take lots & lots of pics. The more pics you take, the more likely it is that you will get at least one decent one. Even professional photographers will take 2 or 3 rolls of pictures, and only get a handful of decent ones.

-Chelle

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I agree with the taking tons of pictures really big time, I've gone through several rolls of films just trying to get the right shot or even a basic tank shot, Also I've found if you buy the film that doesn't requier as much light it can help (I think that means the number goes up... like 800, maby its something else)