1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help w/ pregnant kitty

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by rcrgal31, Jul 5, 2008.

1. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

Hi guys...wow...been a while since i have been here..but i moved and long story short..i just got my pc bk up....

now my new apt complex...has 4 outdoor kittys running around..the building manager told me the two unnuetered males are wild...which i have seen bc they will not come near people...there is a beautiful grey and white kitten...maybe 6 months old..that some old residents left here when the moved out...so myself and the building manager have been feeeding her and trying to find someone to adopt her....now while i have been feeding her another beautiful grey kitty has been visiting me as well..she is gorgoues...looks like a part siamese...but is solid grey from nose to tail..w/ big green eyes...over the last 2 weeks i noticed her nipples becoming more pronounced and the hair was receding bk...now from what i read..she is pregnant..and at least 4 weeks along..now my quandry is...i dont want her to give birth out doors....but my apt building only allows 3 pets..and i already have 3 cats..so i cant take her..and the animal shelters down here will not take in animals unless they are brought in by animal control..and even then they sometimes put them down...i dont know what to do....can anyone help?

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

sounds like a Russian Blue - see if you can find a Russian Blue rescue group to take her. Or a friend who might be willing to foster her

3. vene

vene New Member

Call around for no-kill cat shelters even from out of state if the Russian Blue rescue group can't take her. Good luck with everything. You are doing so much for the little ones! *Hugs*

4. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

yeah i have ckd for no kill shelters...but havent seen any in the state....but i will ck out russian blue rescues....im gonna see if i can find a box to put on my porch as a nesting box..maybe if im lucky..she will have the kittens in there so i can keep an eye on them...i really dont want anything to happen to them

5. Bente

Bente New Member

You are doing a great job, don't give up! Couldn't you ask your building manager if they could make a temporary exception from the 3 pets rule? He/she sounds like a caring person. That way you could take the cat in until she has had her kittens, and you could try to find them new forever homes.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

good luck with finding a safe placement for mom and soon to be babies!!!! your doing the right thing I agree maybe the manager will make a temp exception understanding that it is not a perm situation.....
    best of luck to all human and fur