1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help! whats wrong with my cat?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Oct 3, 2006.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I have had this cat Shasta now for abut 6 months. he was a stray, but very healthy, he is about 14 months old.

I came home from work Friday to find him in a hunched position. He had a glazed look in his eyes like he didint know where he was or recognize me I would pick him up and he would go back to this hunched position. Friday night I noticed you know when you have a dry mougth and you have difficulty swallowing. and he gagged a few times. Sat morning I noticed he ate his food from the night before was still listless but better. So I took him to the ER, they could not find anything wrong physicallyt, ran tests and they were fine and sent me home. We he wont eat, He hasnt since Sat morning. He wants to though. Last night I watched him try to eat and and he would spit it out like he had a tooth ache. THis looks so much like Midas when he tried to eat with his kidney failure. The vet said they get that way.

I forced Shasta eat abuot 3 tbsp of canned food with chicken broth. mostly chicken broth, he did not want anything solid. So it looks liek a trip back to the vet, but I wanted to know if any cat experts here had any insight

thanks

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Sorry, I can't help you. It sounds like he is ill. A Trip back to the Vet's sounds like the right thing to do. I hope Shasta will feel better soon.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I'd find another vet who can come up with an answer. Did the run any bloodwork? I'd start with that to at least rule out any organ failure.

4. vene

vene New Member

I'd agree with a second opinion as well. Do you think he has partial blockage? Did they take any x-rays?

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. I agree. You should take him to another vet. You can always have copies of the tests they did faxed over to another office, so they don't do the same tests twice. Poor guy. I hope he's okay. Keep us posted.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:, godo news, you can tell he really wants to eat, I forgot I had leftover salmon from last night, gave him some he took a few bites but walked away, but then he goes into where his food is, I put him up on the counter and he ate quite a bit.

Since he did eat, I am going to hold off at least for today and see how he eats tonight. He is back to his perky self too.

the vet about that, the vet didnt seem concerned, he just wanted to do a full blood. So if I do go to the vet, thats the thing I am going to stress.

Because if was the week-end I took him to the ER vet, since mine was closed, If I need to take him, he will go to my regular vet

thanks