1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Lighting for planted tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Opicana, May 23, 2006.

1. Opicana

Opicana New Member

Hi,
    So, I am trying to turn a little 3 gallon tank into a planted aquarium with shrimp. I am new at this, and the lighting stuff really confuses me. The tank has a hood, with a light. With a TED 15 watt, model AQT-103 light which I figured out was an incandescent light- however, I am now aware that I should provide my plants with a full spectrum florescent light...is there anyway to convert the hood? Should I remove the hood? And then what light should I get? Help!
    Kara

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Does it have a regular incandescent socket? If so, you could probably look into some compact flourescents that screw into regular incandescent sockets. I found some at walmart that are 15 watts and 6500K (replicates daylight) and they were only something like $5 for a 2 pack.

-Chelle