1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help with stinky dog!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by rowdiebrindlepit, Jan 7, 2006.

1. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

i bathe my dog every other week and he always ends up stinking within 2 or 3 days it is to the point were i dont get on the fllor and wrestle with him anymore because when he get running around the house he leaves behind an odor trail that would make anyone gag. so if anyone out there has any advise i would appreciate it.

2. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

I have had a pit bull too. But it has never stunk that bad. We didnt give our dog a bath every other week. Like Every other 2 weeks! 8)

3. ktownchick30

ktownchick30 New Member

Have you tried a variety of different shampoos? I know my Pit only gets a bath every few months... but that's cause he hates water. He can easily go 3 months before getting the doggie stank thing going on. I find tho that I don't like the smell of most dog shampoo, so we use Johnson's Baby Shampoo...

4. rowdiebrindlepit

i have tried many different kinds of shampoo even the baby kind and none of it seems to work.

5. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Have the vet check his anal sacs, ears, and mouth. Those are often at the root of bad doggy odors that shampoo doesn't take care of. Some skin problems, like seborrhea, will also cause doggy odor, and need to be treated medically. You should also wash his bedding when you give him a bath. Otherwise he's just going to pick those bad odors back up again.

6. someday

someday New Member

What are you feeding him? Sometimes poorer quality foods can lead to stinky dogs. I only bathe Annie about once a month and that's usually about the time it takes her to find some really stinky mud to wallow in that won't brush off...otherwise she smells fine.

7. rowdiebrindlepit

i am feeding him a high protien dog food i think the name is hipro actually but i would have to look when i got home