1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Zebra Danio just sitting at floor

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by JxKIM89, Jul 14, 2004.

1. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

One of my zebra danios is just sitting on the floor breathing... i thought i was dead but when i touched the glass it moved. It started to move but it had trouble swimming up and kept going down and down. Whats wrong with it? Help!

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

male or female?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your water parameters?

-Chelle

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

like OneWolfsDream and t_chelle16 said Sex? Parameters?

5. OneWolvesDream

the reason why i asked for the gender was maybe if it is a female she could be laying eggs! other then that, if the tank is to small she/he will end up finding a more comfortable place.

6. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

it was a she... and she is gone now. I dont know where she went, but she just disappeared :cry: . All my other fish are doing fine.

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

:( sad to hear that

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Sorry. :(

It would be a good idea to move around all the decorations and try to find her. If she's dead you don't want to leave her body in there. It would also be a good idea to check your water parameters. I they are what caused her illness/death, then your other fish will be at risk.

-Chelle

9. OneWolvesDream

aww thats sad! yup. move the decorations around chances are its hiding and/or if its dead, you really dont want the body in there.

10. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

try and find the body you don't want to leave it in there

11. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

i did but the danio is no where to be found. i moved my gravel around and everything. Im not sure where it went.

12. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

uhmm mabye in the filter ?

13. OneWolvesDream

could be. depending on the filter intake cover.