1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by horse_child, Jun 19, 2004.

1. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I have a 5 year-old quarter horse gelding. He works cattle and shows. In the summer he shares a large pasture with about 30 other horses is feed 4-6 flakes of alfalfa hay per day. In the winter he shares a pen with about 4 other horses and is always on a grass hay round bale. When I feed him grain, he gets hot. He also can be mean to other horses. Even though he has been cut, he will mount a mare if he gets a chance. Is there any feeds that I can give him that will fullfill his nutritional needs, not make him hot,and possibly help him lower his testosterone level? :?: :?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Feed has nothing to do with testosterone levels. More than likely he was proud cut and thats your problem.
    As for feeding. Its a good rule of thumb to use a pellet feed with less molasses in the summer time, and More molasses and oats in the winter.

3. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Thanks,
    I talked to my uncle (who is a vet) and he suggested he was proud cut. When all the signs of a horse that is proud cut is pointing to him, he suggested a blood test. This is currently in the works. As for feed I talk to a trainer and she suggested Equine Senior ( a purina product) What do you think?