1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HELPPPPPPPPPPpp

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jun 19, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my female mickey mouse platy was fine a minute ago. she was swimmin and all no she is at the bottom and sometimes she will swim around but twitching a lot! she had 4 babies about a month and 3 days ago and she was fine. what is wrong. nothin else is showing!

ph: normal
    ammonia:0

Update: she just died :cry: :cry: :cry: but what was this?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I can't think of any disease/illness that kills that quickly. My only guess is she somehow got injured.

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

now my tuxedo platy is showing twitching. but not as bad. WHAT IS THIS?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Maybe it's electrical current in your tank. Is your heater broken? Or is water dripping down any of your cords?

-Chelle

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Hers a grounding rod that plugs into the ground plug then you suction the rod to your tank
    http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/pro ... ry_id=1537

Ive ordered 3 things from big als and they ship quickly and have good condition supplys if you do buy from them, sorry about your fish.

6. OneWolvesDream

i dont have my heater in my tank for two reasons: possibility for leaks and i dnt need it in this heat. so i really dont know where it is from

7. mknuth

mknuth New Member

Platys

My mickey mouse platys is not doing so well either, but I'm currently having problems with my tetras eating guppies. I know after I started losing guppies, my other fish, including the platys starting shying and hiding near the bottom and behind plants.

Maybe you have some terratorial fish like my tetras are being? :?:

8. Popeye

Popeye New Member

all your fish should be pretty mellow...perhaps the angel has a temper?

9. OneWolvesDream

well as for the tetras i had moved them prior to this because they where annoying my fish but the angel fish seemed to not be doing much. im really upset. i also have 3 baby mickeys and i hope they survive!

10. fishdude

fishdude New Member

somthing similar happened to me a year ago. i put a swordtail and a mosquito fish in my 20g to cycle it. the mosquito fish was pregnant. 3 days later the mosquito fish had 10 fry and vanished. no trace of it any where. no body. then the fry developed and i found it was a guppy.(the fish where wild forms)

11. fishdude

fishdude New Member

somthing similar happened to me a year ago. i put a swordtail and a mosquito fish in my 20g to cycle it. the mosquito fish was pregnant. 3 days later the mosquito fish had 10 fry and vanished. no trace of it any where. no body. then the fry developed and i found it was a guppy.(the fish where wild forms)

12. fishdude

fishdude New Member

dont know how that happened.

13. swtnpink

swtnpink New Member

did you ever found out what was causing them to twitch and die?