1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

here's my surprise

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

they should be here this weekend...I have to find a kitty playpen for them. Somewhere any ideas? Even if I order one now online I won't get it in time

They were born to a feral mother outside and as soon as they were weaned the shelter, where they are, had to put their mom to sleep as she wouldn't allow anyone to even touch her without drawing blood. Very unadoptable...so sad. But the babes are weaned, about 8 weeks old and ready to go into Siamese Rescue's program. They'll be with me until they get adopted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

adorable! You are going to have so much fun with them!

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

ohhh so cute!!!

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

ahhh so cute, reminds me my my Sam, he looked just liek that is a kitten and grew to be a big cat with dark markings

honeybear

5. vene

vene New Member

They are cuties! It's too bad there aren't any no kill shelters in your area. Poor mommy! :cry:

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

luckily vene the shelters in my area are no-kill these little cuties are in a shelter in Springfield, MA that is high kill. They'll come live with me in the White Mtns. of NH until they are adopted through siamese rescue. I get them Friday night at 8pm....they are being transported to me by another Siamese Rescue volunteer that lives near the Siamese rescue volunteer that pulled these cuties out of the shelter.

7. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Mary. I'm sorry about their mom. Life can be so unfair at times. :( My guess is that you're just going to fall in love with those little cute balls of fluff. :mrgreen: How does Zeus deal with all of this? Does he ever get jealous of the fosters?

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Zeus and Tony were becoming buds quickly when Tony moved on. Tony taught Zeus some of life's lessons...Tilly hasn't once even tried to kick Zeus' butt since Tony.

I find parting with the kittens easy cause they are so much work - scooping all that poop gets old. It comes out as quickly as it goes in with 5 kittens (I fostered 5 for my local shelter last fall). Seems I get one little mess scooped and someone else has to go - I could stand there all day just scooping. And add my 3 onto that and it's nonstop. :shock:

Zeus is curious about the kittens but I do have to watch him closely. The last 2 litters I fostered came with moms so they had built-in protection but these 5 won't have that protection. I'm wondering if my 2 female siamese might be a little more willing to interact with kittens that don't have a mom out to kill every adult cat in order to protect her babes.

Zeus is so big I worry about him trying to play with kittens and getting rough with those huge mitts of his.

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Zeus sounds like a wonderful cat, Mary. It's pretty obvious how much you adore him. :wink:

10. nern

nern New Member

Mary, I want one! They are so cute. :D