1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Samsintentions I want one

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DMikeM, Jan 15, 2007.

1. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Sams

Next Summer or fall I think I may be interested in a Boerboel. Pepsi my Staffy is about 14 or 15 and I don't expect her to make it to next winter as she has had a very hard life and it has worn her down as she is aging.

So I think if I can save up enough money I want a female that like True_Pits' baby Hex. I love that crinkled up face like Hooch from Turner and Hooch. (is Hooch a Boerboel or a Bordeaux?)
    I want a female so that my boys will not pick on her or try to start fights with her. Maybe I would be better off with a Frenchie (Bordeaux) or another calmer type of Mastiff breed?
    What would be my best route to finding a doll like Hex that won't cost me a fortune in shipping/travel and such as I live in California and I think you are back east somewhere aren't you?
    Also do you know if Boerboel's get classified as dangerous dogs in insurance policies?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

HI!

Well Boel's aren't for everyone. They do need exersize and love their families, they do not do well as "kennel" dogs. What I mean are dogs that are crated and orkenneled 24/7...

As far as costing afortune. I like to work with people. I do offer payment plans, ect... And I offer discounts and rewards to those who show and title their dogs in whatever.

Boerboes get along rather well with dogs theyve been raised with, HOWEVER, socialization is the key, as with any breed.

Yes Hooch was a Frech mastiff.

Most of my guys are playful. Their "wild side" only lasts about 10 minutes but thats right out of the kennel. Once they get that 'energy boost out" they calm right down and become the "boerboel", portective, watchful and loveable. (at least most the ones i've seen, and all of mine are like that)

I'm in South Texas in Victoria. Cali's not that far. LOL

Email me if you'd like and i'll send you more information.

mare-majic@excite.com or samsintentions22@yahoo.com

you can check my page out as well. its underconstruction. The host server had a bug or something, wiped outmy site so i'm having to re do it page for page... LOL... www.meyerbluekennels.com

Thanks for the intrest.

Hex is a cutie, if she's anything like her sister Faith, She's loveable, protective and very playful!!!!

3. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I don't crate and have never boarded my dogs, I baby them to much for that. My girlfriends are all disgusted at the amount of attention I give my dogs and often have to fight for bed space ( LOL ) . I do have a crate for emergencies but have yet to close one in it.
    Like I said I don't think I would run into any troubles as long as I don't get a male dog.
    I have a few months to think on this so i will get back to you.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Sounds great! Like mine! LOL

Sad part is, usually I'm the one fighting for bed space. LOL

Boels are great family pets, IN the right family setting. And with your knowledge of dogs and unending attention. I think it'd be a great combo. All my dogs run free together, except the pit. He stays by himself or we let him have supervised playtime with Faith. She seems like the only one at the time that he gets along with, and can keep up with him!

I should have a litter ready in a few months, but if not. I know some great breeders who might!!! I would be happy to help you find what your looking for!

5. Sara

Sara New Member

Boerboels can be dominant females or males so if you have real dominant dogs you might want to think on it. I have yet to meet a Boerboel who was submissive that didn't have some fear issues. They're not generally dog aggressive but they are dominant and could cause a problem where the GF is concerned, honestly. Even my little female Askari could throw her weight around when she wanted it her way...it's not aggressive but they will push someone around if they don't want them here or there.

Boerboel's are working mastiff's moresoe than many out there and as growing pups have a lot of energy and can cause lots of damage when bored. Precious, growing up ate chunks of siding off of our garage out of boredom and she was kenneled with two other dogs that had stamina to follow her... The fear period for boels is something that lots of people are not prepared for and a fearful Boel can be really hard to keep socialized mostly because we humans have a hard time finding people to let go of the "the dog will bite me he/she's scared) mode.

I would do LOTS of research and look at a few kennels and see what they say. Along with lots of Boerboel owners. I too can point you in the direction of good kennels out there...possibly right nearby too.

Sara bantam_sara@hotmail.com