1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hi everyone I'm new!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by leafy, Apr 22, 2004.

1. leafy

leafy New Member

Hi all,

I'm so excited to have found this forum! I've recently become the new proud owner of a darling little Bichon Frise, called Daphne. I've had her for about 8 weeks and she is just over 3 months old.

I just have a question for any Sydneysiders on the list - do you guys know of any good groomers? I know there are plenty of groomers out there, but I'm not sure whether they are reputable or not - Daphne is my first puppy and I want to give her the best! : )

Thank you so much for your help!

2. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Unfortunately, I can't help with your question but I did want to say..

Welcome to the forum!! :eek:

3. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

WELCOME Leafy and Daphne!! :kiss_puppy:

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

=P~ A HUGE welcome to you leafy...glad you joined our great "group" of people here!!!

Congrats on your new furbaby Daphne!!! :eek:

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

:eek: Welcome to the board!! Please post us some pics if you have them. We love seeing all the little fur babies!

6. nern

nern New Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Not in Sydney, but what I would do if I were you is when you take your dog places with you and people come up to you and start telling you what sort of dogs they have owned ask where they got them groomed. I'm trying to remember if there is an ausie, on the poodle forum I go to. Also don't be afraid to stop your car when you see a well groomed dog being walked and ask away. I would do it.
    It sounds like you got your pup veeerrryy young. Did you have to feed puppy formula? The general rule of thumb is small dog should stay with their moms until about 10 to 12 weeks. I almost ended up with a bichon. She was completely shaved and I did not care really what she was, but the owner showed up after I adopted her and I decided it was best she go back to a familiar place.
    Also now would be the perfect time for you to start learning how to groom Daphne yourself. A good grooming kit will be much less expensive than monthly trips to the groomer. I groom my poodle. Welcome to the forum.

8. leafy

leafy New Member

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes!

I will post up pictures of Daphne as soon as:

1) I take some more
    2) I find a good place to upload them.

Dogster sounds and looks really good, I might try them! : )

Bichonly,

Alethea