1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hi im new here

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by CattleDogLover, Feb 28, 2005.

1. CattleDogLover

CattleDogLover New Member

Hi im Katie and me and my Husband have a cattle/sheep farm. On our farm we have 15 head of Cotswold Sheep (white and black) and a mixed herd of 30 head Jersey, Bradord, and Charbray cattle. We use our sheep herd for selling of wool, lambs, and also for meat. But we do have a few "pet" sheep our pest breeders really that we keep all the time. Our cattle we use for sale of calves and meat but like the sheep have a select few of permanit cattle good for breeding. We also have a handfull of chickens we use for eggs and just have them around we then have a goose and a duck who showed up one day and just never left. We also have a Pig named Mama who we use for breeding and sell her piglets. I know this all may sound cruel but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I wasent born into this lifestyle so it is still hard for me to see the animals go off for slaughter because im stupid and get attached but i make up for my pain when new babes come. i figured i have time so i will list most of the sheep who have names and a few of the cows who have names here.

The five sheep we keep are
    Bruiser a Black Ram
    Salty a Black Ewe
    Amber a white Ewe
    Smokey a white Ram
    Trixie a white Ewe

these five are our best not saying we don't breed others from time to time.

The 8 Cattle we keep are
    Crystal a Charbray Cow
    Baby a Jersey Cow Cow
    Muscles a Jersey Cow Bull
    Star a Jersey Cow Cow
    Berg a Charbray Bull
    Spot a Bradord Bull
    Daisy a Bradford Cow
    Belle a Bradford Cow

we don't breed any other cattle who come here but these guys.

Sorry but theres no names for the Chickens or duck or goose. But we call our Sow Mama lol.

We also own 6 dogs 2 cane corsos and a Dutch Shepherd dog who herd the cattle. Two Australian Kelpies who herd the sheep and a Chi who is just a lap dog. We also own two horses to help us with the cattle and a Cat who's a mouser for the barn.

2. BeatrixMom

BeatrixMom New Member

Wow, you have quite a large "family". I'd be like you, I get too attached....Sounds like quite a life! :D