1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HOMEMADE STUFF TO GO IN TANK?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by erin, Jan 21, 2005.

1. erin

erin New Member

ANY HOMEMADE PRODUCTS I CAN USE IN MY TANK TO MAKE IT LOOK CUTE...IT LOOKS TO PLAIN :?:

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what type of homemade things are you thinking about using? some can be fine, but other can contain toxic metals or chemicals.

3. erin

erin New Member

like a homemade light house or like house hold plants?

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what kind of plants? as far as the lighthouse, i wouldnt think so.......was there any glue involved in making it? also, is there any type of metals or paints on it? best bet would be to go get one from an aquarium shop to stay on the safe side.

5. erin

erin New Member

they typical house plant. i dont know?? I should just go and get real aqua plants :0018:

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

lol, thtas proibably a good idea. i dont think msot houseplants would work well in a tank...they would probably decompose rather quickly and pollute your tank....what type of plant are you looknig for in your tank? i know that a plant that i have found REALLY hardy is the anacharis.

7. erin

erin New Member

I think I am going to get aqua plants better LOL i am going to try the javas and anacharis.
    I hope my lil guy likes it.

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what size tank are they gonig in? and best bet for anacharis so you dont waste money is to buy one bushel (they goruping they come in) and let tehose grow a little....then all you have to do is cut them and plant those cuttins.... there you have it....more plants. anacharis grows rather quick in my experience.

9. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Wat do you mean by lighthouse? Whats a lighthouse?

10. erin

erin New Member

a light house figure. Like on the beach light houses. I love light houses

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

12. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Oh i see now.