1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How big do goldfish have to be before you put them in a pond

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Goldfishmommi, Apr 3, 2005.

?

Where is your favorite tropical get away

1. Hawii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jamicia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bahhamas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Caribbean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. HOME!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Goldfishmommi

Goldfishmommi New Member

I don't know when would be the right time to put my goldfish into their own little pond :mrgreen: I just don't know when to do it do they have to be a certain size? Or could I just put them in any time?

EDIT: Using all those images was completely unnecessary and just wastes bandwidth. Please limit the number of emoticons you use in the future. Also, you do not have to create a poll every time you start a thread. If it actually pertains to the topic, that's fine, otherwise it serves no purpose and again, wastes bandwidth.

2. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Certain goldfish do better in ponds like bleack moors comits and shubunkins, but all goldfish like to be in a pond for spring summer and fall although I wouldnt keep fancys out over winter the other goldfish and Koy can be kept out all winter.

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, it does not matter what size they are before you put them in a pond, as long as the pond is setup properly, you should not have a problem. Some species might be a bit harder than other species but I personally do not think that size of the goldfish matters when putting it in a pond.

4. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

You whent a l;ittle crazy with the emoticons!

:D :) :eek: 8) :lol: :p :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: :y_the_best:

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually black moors don't do very good in ponds. The same goes for the more delicate fancies like bubble eyes, telescopes, orandas, etc. They are more prone to injury than other goldfish because they have thin, delicate, easily torn tissues.

Since the goldfish have been kept inside at a relatively warm, stable temperature, I would wait until the outside temperature stays above 50* - 60*. I also wouldn't put goldfish smaller than 2" in a pond because at that point they're still pretty delicate. It may be okay, but I personally wouldn't do it.

-Chelle