1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How big will syd be

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Apr 9, 2004.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

Hello agian, I am trying to judge how big my baby Syd will get...I know at this point it is just guessing but I was wondering if she is 3 months and weighs 16.2 pounds (she is kind of boney though, needs to gain a couple pounds i think) and is a Boxer, Lab mix anyone know how big she might get...Her mom was mostly Lab with Shepard(sp) and her dad was mostly Boxer with a little pit...she has long legs and her paws are not huge but they are somewhat big...she is just really scrawny, i have only had her 1 1/2 weeks and she has gained one pound so far...maybe we could place bets ...hehe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I was told one way to estimate is to double their 4-month weight. So, let's see. Maybe 60-ish pounds?

Jamiya

3. Meg04

Meg04 New Member

She is adorable!!!!!!I think 60 pounds would be about right. I have a pit/boxer mix she is about 50 pounds now. I don't know if she will get much bigger she is 1 1/2.

4. Rene

Rene New Member

she is so cute :eek: thanks for sharing her

5. loonyluna

loonyluna New Member

If she is 16lbs now, she will be maybe 20-ish in a month, so doubling the 4-month weight would actually be 40-50 lbs depending on what she actually weighs next month. I'm not sure how big Boxers tend to be but breed standard for female labs is 55-70.

If doubling the 4 month weight is a good method for estimating adult weight, looks like I'm going to have an 80lb lab. egads.

6. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Hmmm, so if the 4 month thing is pretty accurate than nana will stay small! She is a very slim girl, even though she eats like a horse! Lucky her. Shes 4 months old, id say she weighs 8 or 9 pounds, so a 16-20ish adult is not bad!

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

ITs natural for them to be a bit on the scrawny, awkward stage at this age. As far as how big...

I say around 50ish??

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I would guess 50-60#

honeybear

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

All I'm gonna say is, she's gonna be bigun.

10. klf

klf New Member

Lets see boxers are about 50-60 lbs, pits can be about to 55lbs, american style sheps are about 70lbs, german style100lbs, and labs 70lbs! add them all together =355 lets divide this by 5 and we get.....71lbs!

thats right my guess is 71lbs! I'm in!

what a mug!
    i love it when their skin gets loose and then they hit a big growth spurt! :lol: they run and their backs wiggle and roll like hulla dancers! enjoy this little girl! congrats!!!

11. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

She is too cute!!! If we are starting a contest to guess her wieght I will put in 65 lbs.

12. winnie

winnie New Member

thanks for all yur guesses...we should have a prize set up...hehe...i think she will be about 60lbs. but it is hard to imagine this little 16 pounder to be big....there so cute when they are small :)

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala was 15 pounds at what we are guessing to be 12-14 weeks. She was around 20 pounds at 4 months, so we estimated 40 pounds full grown. She is already 40 pounds and in fact looks a little bigger to me now than the last time I weighed her, so I would not be surprised if she weighs more like 45 pounds. And she is 11 months old so she may still be growing. That's why I picked 60 pounds instead of 50 for Syd. :)

Jamiya

14. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Remember, it takes up to 2 years for them to reach their full weight. They may stop grwoing height wise, but they gain in muscle.

15. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I would definately say 60 pounds also, she looks like she will be a pretty big girl! Very cute pup, looks very unique

16. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

HI Winnie, I would definately say 50-60 lbs. Boxers and labs are both thick breeds. Harley is 16 months and 50 lbs. She won't gain to much more weight, but she was the runt of the litter.

The nice thing about boxer/pit type dogs, is unlike other large breed dogs, they are more fit than bulky so they may weigh 60 lbs, but they are shorter and leaner so you can't really tell they weigh that much.