1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How can you tell if a newborn kitten is a boy or a girl?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Alkaline, May 7, 2004.

1. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

i need help on telling apart the girls and the boys.
    i think i know.. but im not so sure.

well my sisters cat.. (Foxy).. had 4 kittens and she had one that looks like my old cat that suposably got taken.. orange fur.. but maybe a little darker. and they good news is that we're keeping him. I dont think he'll get as big as Friskie was.. because Foxy still looks like she's 5 or 6 months old when she's already a year.

2. nern

nern New Member

3. moose

moose New Member

i have found that it's really easy to sex the kittens when they are really young (under 2 weeks). how old are your kittens? the males appear to be *all* genitalia at this point and it's pretty easy to discern what sex they are -- not sure if this is because they aren't quite as furry yet or if they just haven't started growing into their "stuff"!! :shock:

just flip each kitten over -- on the boys you should see a definite area where testicles will start growing in, as well as a little bump just below that area. i'm assuming you have more than one in the litter, so a good comparison between kittens should help you sex them as well.

4. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

push on tummy... peter pops out :shock:

ya what moose said... hehe

5. krazypaines

krazypaines New Member

I need help figuring out the age of some abandoned kittens I have found. Can anyone help me out there? :cry:

Thank you very much

6. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

they are all 3 days old today so.. and when my cat had her kittens 2 years ago.. i read that it was easier to tell if they were male or female when they were newborns or.. very young.

7. nern

nern New Member

Are there eyes open yet? Do you have any pictures of them that you can post?

I think you might find this site helpful:

http://www.angelfire.com/il/kimlance/development.html