1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how do i get my cockateil to stop biteing me?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by nick_no_11, Aug 12, 2005.

1. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

my bird is biteing me but when i pick him up he is fine i was wondering if i could fix this. and does it atach to one person cause it dosen't bite my sister?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi Single birds usually prefer the company of only one person which is usually the person that spends the most time with it and gives the bird alot of attention.

A bird with bite if it feels threatened or scared since the beak is the only thing the bird has to protect itself.
    When taking the bird out of the cage allow him to come to your hand never grab him or go to fast towards him.

When he is out of the cage again never grab him or go to fast as this will scare the bird and will stop it from trusting you.
    When the bird bites do not jump back or pull your hand away as they soon leanr if they bite the hand will go away.

When placing your hand near the bird bend your finger towards the palm of your hand since the bird cannot get a grip with its beak to a bended finger he will soon learn your not going to hurt him and that he cant hurt you.

Time and patience is all that is needed.

Mike