1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How do you neutralize urine on grass (Dog)

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by susan_cude@hotmail.com, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Hi All, Can you help me with the above? Someone mentioned what to use a while back.

Thank you!
    Susan

2. Jules

Jules New Member

I saw a spray for this the other day that is supposed to stop the burning of grass. That's all the information I can give you though... sorry!

3. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Susan,
    I just saw this on a site I was looking at the other day! Give me a few and I'll see if I can find it....

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

While I was trying to remember the site, I remembered another one... http://www.drsfostersmith.com/
    There is an ad in the middle of the page, if you click on it and then go to the bottom of the page... there are a couple of supplements you can give your dog that help w/the urine issues.

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Also we had a thread going on the toy forum and I think mybabyshipooh (probly spelled that wrong) got a new thing to try, you might want to check with her and see if that is working.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Susan< I use green-um and swear by it, you can get it at Drs fosster smith. somelse recently posted they use lime on their grass, but we were trying ti determine if theat would be toxic to dogs. green-um is all natural, has vit b and yucca extract

honeybear

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Or you can raw feed and the urine won't burn the grass. ;)

Jamiya

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

So does that mean I dont need to give Jake green-um??? yahoo, that stuff is expensive for big dogs

honeyber

9. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

susan: I love how you put dog in brackets. hehe, just wanted to let us know it wasn't you peeing in the grass I suppose. :wink:

My whole backyard is crop circles that I am trying to rid myself of. I have taught Harley to do her business on the side of the house where you can't really see and no one really goes there. I love it, I am starting to get my lawn back, and now instead of running all over the yard to pick up her "droppings" its all in one place!

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You can try stopping it, honeybears, and see what happens. Neither of our dogs make crop circles. At least not by peeing. They do make all sorts of lovely bare spots in the backyard (I can't even call it a "lawn" anymore) by dashing around like maniacs, of course.

Jamiya

11. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I have a worn down strip that goes the length of the yard. I dont think grass will ever grow there again.

I remember when we first bought the house how excited I was, and how I was going to keep such a nice yard. HA!

After repainiting the whole house, getting Harley and beginning training, it had been 3 months since the damn thing was watered, unless it rained that is. hehe I have been much better this year and am really trying hard. WE have 2 single women that are older on either side of us and they live to make their yard look good. So I try to keep up with them so they don't get too embarassed. I went to buy some weed and feed (stuff for weeds) well, it killed the lawn where the weeds were!! Now we have burnt patches all over the front yard. heh our neighbours really do hate us.....

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Bah! Our neighbors hate us, too. You can tell I lose sleep over it... :roll:

LOL! I was going to tell Susan she just needs to tell her husband not to pee on the lawn anymore and that will solve the problem. ;)

Jamiya

13. So you do know my Husband!!!! :mrgreen: After a long day on the harley and stopping at the pubs, whats a woman to do?!!!

This info is needed for my brother in-law (although he does accompany David on the rides>>>HMMM

You are all too funny!!!

Thanks for the info!

Susan

14. Jas

Jas New Member

Hey, I must be feeding the wrong raw diet then..............!!!!
    ;)

Mine have a designated bathroom area which used to be nice thick green lawn. Now we have crop circles. Geez, they couldn't just pee where there's lots of weeds now could they?
    :mrgreen:

15. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

I posted this issue too awhile ago-- I followed both suggestions of buying Cameron the nutralizer pills- I bought the ones from petsmart- I think they're called "lawnsaver" or something, and then we put Lime on the lawn too. Honestly, the petmart pills haven't really helped- maybe a little, but not much- maybe I need the ones that Honeybear was talking about. The lime, though, has helped quiet a bit- cam's pee still kills the grass a little, but if she doesn't go in that spot for awhile, it regrows pretty quickly. We just took the spredder and put a a small amount in her entire fenced in area-- we did it about a month ago, and I haven't noticed any problems with Cam, so I think it's fine for dogs to walk around on.

16. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What do you feed, Jas? Prey model? Do you do veggies and all that other stuff?

Jamiya

17. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Just to chime in here:

I have too have heard that the lime on the lawn works pretty well...haven't tried it myself, but may in the future. However, I was just visiting some relatives recently, and they were experiencing the same problem (lawn burn spots), so they bought a product called "Dogonit for Lawns" and have had excellent results with the product! They gave me an extra bottle they had laying around to try it out on my lawn. I just started using it a couple of days ago, so I can't give you much of a review on it since you have to give it a while to work it's way in and do the repair. But I can attest, my relative's lawn looked great...no burn spots!!! :y_the_best:

Just my two cents! :D

(3dogs ~ I am so sorry I didn't get back to you on a product like I said I would. I completely forgot I had posted a topic about that on the "toy dogs forum.!" :oops: Sorry about forgetting to let you know...glad you remembered about it! )

18. honeybears

honeybears New Member

puggleowner, thanks for the update on the lime. I tried lawnsaver and it didnt work, because it was hceaper than green-um so went back to green-um

honeybear

19. nern

nern New Member

I have hardly had any lawn burn problems since before last year. I think the few existing small, burn spots in my yard are mostly caused from the poop if its not cleaned up right away.

20. gailau

gailau New Member

For what it's worth, I understand that your dog's urine isn't the problem with the grass - it's the grass that has the problem. Perfectly healthy well balanced and fertilized lawn/grass will not be phased by dog urine - if the grass loses condition e.g. in colder seasons, so does its resistance. I'd try boosting the grass and I think you will find the effect of the urine will lessen as the grass becomes healthier. We are seeing the same thing here in Aussie as it is winter - our grass is fantastic in the warmer and hot months - given two large boistrous dogs pound it to death every day - and it just keeps on thriving.