1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how long before new puppies open their eyes

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by big dogg, Jul 15, 2006.

1. big dogg

big dogg New Member

hi everyone just had puppies in need of help

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hi and welcome :D

How are they doing? They dont open their eyes until theyre about 10 days old....give or take a day, and they dont always open both eyes at the same time....dont try and force them open though.

What kind of pups? how many do you have?

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi Welcome and Congratulations.

I agree with dela its usually 10days when they open there eyes some ndont open until 14days as dela mentioned do not try to force them open as you will cause serious damage...

I have had pups that have only had 1 eye open until they were 18days old which looked rather funny next to there litter mates that had both open....

Mike

4. sherry t

sherry t New Member

new puppies are doing great!!!

:eek: Have 5 puppies that are one week and one day old. They are red boned hound dog and boxer mix. Very Cute!!! They are doing fine and have a great mom!! Just couldnt remember how long it took for their eyes to open. Thanks for your help!!!

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome and congratulations they sound cute I have a boxer/lab....

6. helen82

helen82 New Member

As I know, they will open their eyes after at least 7 day. It depends on how many little dogs were born by their mom. The time will increase if there're many little dogs being born.