1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How long do they live

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by dragondottie, Jul 22, 2004.

1. dragondottie

dragondottie New Member

Hi! I have a 16 yr old Cockatiel a pearl, he's in the best of health and very cheeky, and of course noisy, always shrieks when I come in, and does kissy, kissy when I walk over to him, to cut a story short, I'm getting a little bit anxious, because Somebody told me they only live till there 15, what is there expected life span, and don't laugh he's called Joey, which he's always very keen to tell people, he's never eaten veggies or fruit, only ever seeds, those parrot bars and cuttlefish which he loves dancing on as well as eating, and his vitamin bar, and I've alway scatted piles of sand and grit in the bottom of his cage, plenty of fresh water every day, love him to pieces, and when I go out I always leave the TV on for him. I used to have bearded Collies and he was convinced that he was one and would spend lots of time cooing to them, and wolf whistleing, he's a real character

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi Sounds like he is well loved and cared for, Some birds wont eat fruit and veggies no matter how hard we try to get them to eat them.

Cockatiels can live to the age of 25 providing they are well looked after and your doing a great job with yours so i would say he has a few more years yet.

Mike

3. deadletter04

deadletter04 New Member

My cockateil doesn't eat her fruits and veggies either... I keep trying different ones though... (No winners yet).The life span is at least 20 or 21 years in the wild. In captivity, "Much longer".

-Molly

4. dragondottie

dragondottie New Member

Thanks for your replies, I'll stop worrying now, this last few days, I've had a plumber in doing some work and Joey seems to have fallen in love again...Ahhh to be a young bird again, he's a nutter.... :eek: