1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how to set up a tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Apr 20, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

what can i do to set up an american cichlid tank? i want to make it look verrrry nice but i have no idea how!! pleas give me suggestions..

ALSO what kind of rock is this http://www.cichlids.com/gallery/tankgallery/godtgeng

P.s. is there any plants i could use?

2. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

that's holey limestone. you can get it at just about any lps for a couple $ per pound.

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Okay, that is also found under texas holey rock. Cool stuff! Just want to make sure that you know, the tank on the link is actually an african cichlid tank. By american cichlid, you mean Texas cichlid or exactly what types. South American, North American. The tank in the pic also has sand as a substrate. Let us know specifically what you are looking for, I think that you would need a big tank for american cichlids. Plastic plants are definitely a must, as cichlids always tear up the plants. You could go with sand or rocky riverber rock and you would definitely need a good hang on the back filter too. Hope that helps a little...
    Hooben