1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop a dog from chewing on something? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, Feb 8, 2006.

1. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Maggie is still at the vet. I had her Friday night just for a visit but the vet wants to keep her there b/c at this point her skin really needs to heal (b/c she ripped her foot open some of the skin died and there isn't enough to close the wound so we are waiting for new skin to grow) so they need to change the bandage every day. But Maggie is as active as ever. We can't seem to keep her from chewing on her foot. She could get around the smaller e-collars, so they put a giant one on her and she did ok with that, but managed to chew it off over the weekend, so now they have a smaller/tighter one on her. I ordered a wire basket muzzle (hope to God it is the right size but who knows!) and hopefully it will come by the weekend and we are going to try that. But other than watching her like a hawk, I don't know how to keep her, 100%, from chewing on her foot. I have to sleep. She, like I said, is VERY active. She never sleeps very much (takes short naps but never a long doze) and she seems to have become immune to sedatives. I'm going to keep her this weekend which is OK, b/c I guess I don't have to sleep this weekend but it sure would be nice.

Any suggestions???

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

how exasctly is she chewing her collar off> that may help me to understand a solution

3. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Don't know. She does it when no one is looking.