1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hugs for Bailey!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Sep 18, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Send your hugs, cuz.......my baby, Bailey, spent the day at the doggy hospital!!

Long story short: He's been throwing up since Wednesday night. It was once that night, and then yesterday when I got home from work there were "piles of bile" all over the living room carpet. So, of course, I watched him all night and then early morning wake up call to continuous dry heaving/vomitting..... I immediately called the vet and got him in. They did x-rays, blood tests, and put him on an IV for fluids all day (not to mention, anti-nauseating meds and antibiotics). Aside from the vomiting, he was acting PERFECTLY normally - happy as could be.

Xrays were good... blood test was "interesting".... seems his bilirubin levels were slightly elevated. The vet is hoping he just got into something he's not suppose to and now is fighting it out of his system. Since he's acting fine (other than throwing up!!), she is trying not to be concerned.... He's home in hopes of no more vomitting (he did at the vet today) and no food until tomorrow.

Well, he just threw up again about 20 minute ago! :( So, I think that means we're going back to the vet tomorrow, and you can bet that I'm scared to death...... and of course, I did a search online about elevated bilirubin (NOT A GOOD THING to have done).........

anyhow, just wanted to send out a little "send some loving my baby's way" message!

I don't even know if any of this is making sense.....

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Yes it means your freaked out because your baby is sick. What did your research say. Is it cureable. Sasha will sometimes vomit bile. People say its becuase of an emtpy tummy. She has not done it in awhile. MAybe once a month. Nothing heartwrenching. Let us know if little boy is alright.

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I wonder if it is the same in dogs as it is in babys. My baby was johndice (sp) which is when the biliruben levals are high and the liver is not pressesing well. I wonder if putting him under florecent lighting would work as that is what they do in people. Not sure if your vet has already tried this but keep us updated! Get better little guy! :eek:

4. Rene

Rene New Member

oh poor bailey and mommy i'm sooooooo sorry Sebastain and Jasmine (and puppies) send major hugs and prayers i'm with puttin what did your research show?? i hope he gets better soon poor little cutie

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Honestly, I stopped reading cuz it was all referencing LIVER DISEASE!!!!!! I didn't EEEEVEN want to think about that.

In the meantime, he vomitted again 2x (well, not really vomit considering it's just the foamy bile), so God is getting an earful tonite! My poor baby is sooo pitiful..... he had such a long day and is exhausted. :(

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

******BIG HUGS TO BAILEY*******

:love_y_t_much:

I'm sorry that Bailey is sick, Monster, and I can't imagine what this is doing to you as well!!

I am hoping too that it was just something that he got into and it's taking a while for his system to get it out. Can you think of anything prior to Wednesday that he may have been near?

I'm so sorry :cry: I'm going to do some research also and consult my huge veterinary book I have here. Think positive thoughts, I'm sure Bailey will kick this!

Lots of love from Molly and Emma too :kiss_heart:

7. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

OH, I'm so sorry!
    I can only imagine how worried you are!
    I gave my pup a cream cheese stuffed kong that made her sick (too rich, I quess)...and the whole time I was so nervous and worried it might be something else!

Keep us updated, I hope his condition turns around soon...he's just so cute!
    :kiss_heart:

8. Rene

Rene New Member

Monster how is Bailey doing i was thinking about him and you all night i hope it's not something with the liver.

hugs bailey feel better soon

9. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

awwww poor Bailey. He has plenty of hugs and tummy rubs from me. I hope everything goes well. Update us as soon as you can!

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I do hope things have gotten better. Let us know.

11. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Hey Monster, just checking in on Bailey. I am sure he's getting lots of TLC right now, I hope you'll check in when you have a minute to let us all know how he's doing :D

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I just posted an update on the little guy.....

But, unfortunately, he's not doing better (YET!!). He had an awful night -- vomiting all night and this morning, so I called the vet right away. We had to go to the local hospital (since my vet doesn't have 24/hour care)... he's staying there overnight so that he gets plenty hydrated with the i.v....