1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I began a "Bully Breed Club"

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by MyPetTherapyDog, Apr 20, 2007.

1. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Hi Everyone:

I recently got an idea from another state that had their own American Pit Bull Terrier Club.

I really liked their website and the content of the club and the idea to promote our breed. My state doesn't have anything like this that I am aware of.
    So, I decided to form my own "Bully Breed Club" in my home state of RI.
    I named it "The Little Rhodie Bully Breed Club"
    So, far, it seems to be a hit among "Bully Breed owners and even shelter workers and ACO'S which work with the breed a lot!
    Also, many first time pit bull owners have joined to learn how to properly care for and handle their dogs!!!
    I am fortunate to have some great breed positive ACO'S in my state which is a HUGE ASSET to our breed!
    Anyway, since I always have a hard time posting pictures, I thought I would show some of my bully breed friends on this board the link to my new club.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Litt ... yBreedClub

If you go to photo's, you can check out some great pictures. Some of are of my recent bully breed classes and if you go to "Sue"s bully breed pictures you can find some very recent pictures of me and my dogs as well as some older pics.
    Also, many members have posted pictures of their dogs! They have some great looking dogs!!! What a nice way to show off our breed in a positive way!!
    We are going to plan our first "(Bully Breed Day at the park for early June)"
    I am hopeful this is a great way to promote positive pit bull/bully breed ambassadorship and responsible ownership!

Please give it a look and let me know what you think!

The dog on the front picture of the home page is my very own Penny!

I pulled her from a high kill shelter. She was extremily shy and timid and the picture of her taken two days ago basically shows how happy she is now!
    I love her blue face!
    (If you wish to be a member of the group, please e-mail me)
    MyPetTherapyDogs@yahoo.com) You need not live in RI

This group is to promote POSTIVE BREED AMBASSADORSHIP ONLY!!!

2. Sara

Sara New Member

GREAT Idea... perhaps once I get my property and dogs in order I may do something like that for local folks myself. Looks good to me.

Sara

3. MyPetTherapyDog

Thanks Sarah, I respect your opinion very much, especially on this topic!
    Sue

4. someday

someday New Member

Wonderful idea Sue! I'm glad you're having so much success already!!
    Once I get this place running a little more smoothly, I'd love to do something like that. Since there are NO resources down here for the bully breeds, I'll have to make myself a resource..*scary thought*.

5. MyPetTherapyDog

Why is it scary that you would be a resource??? I think you would be A WONDERFUL RESOURCE AND ASSET!!!
    Honestly, I would love it if you would join my group!

6. Sara

Sara New Member

I can empathize that it's scary to be the only resource in an area... Lots of responsibility and if you're worried about taking dogs that need help, it's not so much about that really. Education is key so even if you just educate and be an outlet for a good network system it helps a ton. That kind of thing tends to support itself as long as you stay in the loop and keep things going and organized. You'll be surprised at how easily it will probably come to you.

Sara

7. MyPetTherapyDog

I agree with Sarah!
    By the way Sarah, you are more than a welcomed resorce to my club too!
    Feel free to join! Love to have ya!

8. Sara

Sara New Member

When I get a chance to take a closer look I'll probably join! Busy spring so far.

Sara

9. someday

someday New Member

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. I feel i'm fairly knowlegeable and try to keep on learning, but by no means am i an EXPERT in any way. However, around here, i am far more experienced than most, which I guess is the scariest thing!

p.s. I joined your group Sue!

10. MyPetTherapyDog

Thanks Katie!
    You will be a FINE ASSET!!!

11. pitbullsmiles

pitbullsmiles New Member

Wow, cool!! How did you get people to join?

12. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

That is great :eek: I can't wait to start ours, I finally got the paperwork back from the ADBA and hope to have ours going this year and fun show ASAP. We have a list of people wanting to join and info I've been giving out locally, got a few calls from people who tell more people so its great, got some out of staters joining too. We are going to join the CO club and a TX club. Give us an update on yours please!!!

13. Sara

Sara New Member

Don't forget to send me your info. I was thinkin' of joining the Bulldogs of the Rockies club too... We shall see though.

Sara

14. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I will get it to you. We will probably try to stop by for a visit after we get back from WI.