1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I Dream Of This!! I don' think I am the only one..lets c...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

http://www.aquamojo.com/pond.html

The homemade indoor pond! The fish! The enviroment and setup!!! ALL the huge tanks! lol That guy is really lucky! Look at all the pics and read it all.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

man, if only i had the money i would do it....if i was rich like the tv/movie actors and stuff, my house house would be an aquarium lol

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

woa, thats so cool!

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually, that doesn't look too difficult to set up. As far as construction goes, the only difference between that an outdoor pond is instead of digging a hole in the ground, he just made a box out of landscaping timbers. And since it's indoors, it would be easier to heat than an outdoor pond so keeping tropicals in it wouldn't be that difficult. The worst part would be controlling the nitrAtes. Since it's in a basement, he'd probably have to have lots of artificial light for plants or do some really huge water changes (just a 25% change would be 475 gallons). Plus, he has another 1360 gallons worth of actual tanks. I'd hate to see his water & electric bills. :shock:

-Chelle

5. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Cool but i really dont like thwe way his tanks are set uo it looks ulgy :p

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi Chelle, I don't think water lillies would need that much light. I've had some hybrids that went beserk in full shade. Also, some of the bog plants probably wouldn't need too much light, possibly Taro.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually, now that you mention it, I think the tag on my black taro did say it preferred shade.

And I agree about how his fish room looks. If I went to the expense of setting up and maintaining all those tanks, I'd go the extra mile and hang sheet rock & finish the basement so it looks really nice. Not like a storage/laundry room with tanks stacked everywhere.

-Chelle

8. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

The local petsmart has one just like that, they have cichilids in it. its really really cool.

9. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah they don't look too nice but either way I would love to have them :y_the_best:

10. M_wm

M_wm New Member

yah me too

11. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

What I really liked about it is that someone has something adequate to house a couple of Pacus. Our local Petsmart has one similar also. It's made using 2x4's. After seeing the one at Petsmart I had thought of building one in the living room just to house a couple of Pacus. I did think he had gone into a little overkill with the swimming pool filter. I would have thought 3 or 4 good pond filters with fountain heads would have been sufficient and a little bit more decorative, but I guess he likes white water rapids (lol).

12. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I agree with the above few people, If he could build such a big pond why not make its surroundings pleasent also? Viewing from above the pond itself looks kinda shallow though

13. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

i want that stuff. too much money i dont have...