1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I finally got through to menu foods

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

they are going to have someone call me about my vet bills. I fully intend to ask them what the help might be years down the road. If Molly's blood test shows some high kidney values but not panic-inducing high what if 3,4, 5 or even 8 years from now she had kidney damage.
    She goes for her bloodwork Wednesday morning. I'm hoping by just switching foods she'll be okay but I don't believe kidneys have the ability to regenerate like the liver does.

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Generally once damage is done its done, it doesn't get worse or better if the problem was fixed right away in the Kidneys.
    they can clear up as far as kidney stones, or kidney infections go, but toxic damage usually is unrepairable.

Hopefully they'll own up to their work of helping you, If not, i'd look into hiring me an attorney and taking them to court.

Luckily I only feed Purina. And so far they've never had any "big" problems.

I've always stayed away from companies that manufacture several "brands" at the same plant and used the same ingrediants, for that very reason....

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

How is Molly doing now? Did her kidney tests come back elevated? Sounds like Molly is a lucky girl. On another board, someone posted about their healthy cat became suddenly ill early last week, panting etc. and died. their food brand was also on teh recall list.

I cant believe how many name brands this mfr makes.

4. Samsintentions

Scary huh?

My vet actually got a case of two kittens that were on the nutro, and both died of liver and kidney failure.

I've had a bazillion people email me. Its good to know everyone cares!!!

For anyone on those brands of food or who have had problems... Good luck...

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Purina is also added to the list - I understand they are adding foods every day.
    Molly is doing fine - eats okay (never was a great eater so that's hard to go by with her), she plays but stops quickly.
    For her it's the water consumption and urination. She is fortunate from some of the stories I've been reading. I think her physical shape and age are definitely on her side at this point.
    I was reading that by the time a cat shows these symptoms they have already lost 80% of their kidney function. They hide things well.
    A dog will show signs of illness a bit quicker than a cat.
    Hoping her bloodwork either shows something or better yet that this has all been a figment of my imagination

6. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

7. Samsintentions

WOW>. scared the geebis outta me there for a second!!!

Yeah, I stick to ProPlan ..... I don't get the wet food and when I do its usually the Proplan canned, The cuts not the chopped up stuff...

Thanks for the heads up on the purina though... I was feeding Chicken soup, but it tends to put on too much fat too quickly and i just wasn't pleased with the overall appearance and performance of my gang.... I've been very happy with the ProPlan though, no problems so far.... and my dogs look excellent and perform good.

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

WOW is right Sam I feed Wylie pro plan, thats all she will eat.

What is so scary abou this is, I think there are so many deaths and illnesses related that we will never know. I was just reading MSNBC message board and the amount of people who recently had indoor cats get sick and die with the vets being stumped, thinking they got into something poisionous is overwhelming

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I can't get ProPlan around here....and Molly won't eat dry food. I've tried but she'll go 3 days w/out eating when I offer dry. She's so thin to begin with I hate doing that to her.
    Her foster mom fed her a homecooked food and I think that made it difficult for her to accept commercial foods. Wish I had the time/inclination to prepare her food. Can barely find time to cook dinner for myself!!!

10. Sara

Sara New Member