1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I got a new fish!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Petz8888, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

OK I Had 2 goldfish 3bottom feeders and many snails.Than two bottom feeders died and one snail (the biggist one) died! So I whent out to Pjs pets and got a pleco. I followed te instructions the pet store gave me andgot him settled in.

Will he do well in my 30 gallon?

Will there be any problems? Thanx in advance!

Petz ( Rose)

2. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

depends on the actual demensions for your tank, but a common pleco gets to about 20 inches long. Coupled with the other bottom feeders, that may be to much.
    You should probably also look into getting some algea wafers.

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

definatly get algea waffers. common plecos get WAY to big, once it is to big u will have to exchange it for a new one or buy special breeds such as a royal pleco that wont grow massive. (Chinease algea eaters, oto cats, orange spotted plecos also work excellent)

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Personally, I suggest returning it. Not only will your 30 gallon be fully stocked with just the 2 goldfish once they get older, plecos have a bad habit of sucking on goldfish and causing ulcers.

-Chelle