1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i got a question on parrot cichlid

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Jun 29, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i got a small jelly bean cichlid and i would like to know how to sex it and how big do they grow

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

3. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

just outa curiosity... are jelly beans dyed??? also what size tank is it in?

4. lil shant

lil shant New Member

right now it is in a10 but it wil lbe in a55 gallon and it looks dark gray

5. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Yes,
    The term jellybean usually means that they have been injected. The color won't show up for a few months, as the juvenile fish is grey or black. Once a few months pass, their natural color...orange will show through. Or in your case, if the fish was injected the color may be blue,purple,red or green. Unfortunately, the injected colors will also fade and you will be left with a gold parrot. I believe they are the result of mixing a severum with a red devil and are not found in the wild.

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

wouldnt the severum and red devil make a blood parrot? also, i thought a jelly bean parrot was a cross between a blood parrot and a convict.

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

My friend has a blood Parrot, so ive learned quite a bit

Most get about 6" or more,

They are aggresive fish, so need to be kept with fish that can stick up for themselves. A 20gallon is the minimum size for a full grown 6" BlooDParrot, if it does get bigger (which i have seen some about 10") it will need at least a 55g

So your will be perfect, if i were you i would add a convict since they get same size, (Maybe a pink con) and wut ever else u feel like. Good Luck.