1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I got some meat for Luther!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lil96, Aug 5, 2004.

1. lil96

lil96 New Member

Today I went to the grocery store in the mall with my bf and the had a deli/butcher area and we got some stuff to grill with and I told him to ask for bones or meat or something for a dog, usually he is really shy, but today we were fighting som he wanted to try to make up for it and so he did! But the girls said that package it up and sell it. So we got 2 packages! The pieces are maybe 1/2 the size a my fist, I thought one a day would be ok, with the option of eating his cornflake dog food because I don't know where to get the extra vitamins and stuff. Is it ok when I don't know exactly what type meat it is? On the package it just says meat bones. I can't tell if he actually likes it, because he will eat anything! He took it outside to eat it and ran off and came back in a few minutes, I need to check if he ate the bone or not, if he didn't what should I do with it, leave it there, put it in his bowl or just throw it away?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

he probably burried it for later! Good luck finding it!

3. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Cool! Now Luther gets to have the raw meat experience. I'm going to take a picture of Rusty to post someday soon of him chowing on a bone!!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I bet Luther enjoyed that!

He doesn't need "extra vitamins and stuff". All he needs are raw MEATY bones (emphasis on MEATY - should be about 3/4 meat and 1/4 bone) and organ meats - more variety in different cuts of different animals is good. Whole fish are also good, and 2-3 eggs a week. Omega-3 supplements can't hurt, so if you can find wild fish oil (human vitamin section) you could give him some of those.

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I know this sounds really grosse, but Smokey just absolutely adores Cow tounge, and heart....ewwwww!!!

6. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Heart is pretty tasty, actually....I've never eaten tongue though! But I bet pretty much any dog would love it!