1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I have a Betta fish question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Iggystar, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Iggystar

Iggystar New Member

Okay, i got a male betta and a female betta (they are seperated but can still see each other) and he hasn't done anything.. It's been 5 hours and he hasn't make a nest. How do i know when he is ready?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Here's a really great article on breeding bettas:

http://flippersandfins.net/BettaBreedingArticle.htm

Also, before you breed them, you should make sure you'll be able to find homes for the hundreds of baby bettas you could end up with. Don't just assume your LFS will be happy to take them. Many LFS's don't buy fish from individuals and even if they take some of them, they probably won't give you much money for them if anything at all. And one LFS probably won't be able to handle all the fry so you'll have to find multiple places to take them.

-Chelle

3. Iggystar

Iggystar New Member

Thanks and yes i do have homes for them. Many of my friends are looking forward for a betta.

4. LJ

LJ New Member

betta breeding results please

i am interested to know what the outcome was, and how your betta are going. what kind of tank do you have?