1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I have a question about how to expose my hores to more

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by darkjewel, Dec 9, 2004.

1. darkjewel

darkjewel New Member

I have two stallions a 4yr old standard bred (stormy) and a 3 yr.old qt/mor/st bred (clover).
    they have lived in a 3 acre feild and stormy is a very gentle boy i have been training him all summer and fall but is still very unsure outside of the feild. my six yr old daughter was sitting on him and he was very nervous because he heard some kids playing outside but he was ok in the fence. i was wondering is this something i'm going to be able to help him with or will he always be nervouse when he is outside of the fence.
    I hope not because they r both going to be gelded in the spring and I would like to start to ride stormy on trails please help!
    clover I have never taken out of the fence because I just got a halter on him last month he was never handled he is still not very sure he wants me to even touch him. So I don't know how he is going to react to leaving the pasture. I bought stormy in march and was given clover in october. So I haven't had much time with clover but I have been around him sence march.

2. slowly work with them out side the pasture start by taking him just out side the gate and let him graze for awhile than have him move father away as long as hes comfortable and let him graze once you get him to the point that hes fine around your property take him through trails or wooded areas for safty you should do all this with someone who knows horses well with you and who is an adult,after you get him used to wooded areas youshould get him used to strange noises but do this in a pen,things that work best are:a brightly colored tarp,plastic bags(you can put them on the fence posts in his pasture too),a gatbage bag of leaves,a coffee can with rocks or change in it,and anything you can think of that makes noise.after his good with that stuff you and a friend can hand walk him down the road to get him used to traffic but first you can maybe drive your truck around his pasture and reve the engine and honk the horn and let them come up and see it so that when your out on the road its not a totally new thing to him,if you have any more questions let me know :D

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

First of all, get them gelded. That will help alot of your problems right off the bat. Taking them out to socialize and desensitize them will take some time, but is not out of the question.

I highly suggest gelding them before you make that move though.

One scent of a mare in heat, and you'll have BIG time problems....