1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i have a question on my budgies

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by soldier4jesus2099, Aug 22, 2005.

1. soldier4jesus2099

soldier4jesus2099 New Member

i was wondering do the budgies communicate wit each other????

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Yes they will communicate with each other plus they will do the same with any other species of bird that maybe in the home.

Mike

3. drab911

drab911 New Member

hey mike do you think that having budgies in the same room as a training parrotlet could ruin the chance of it talking?? even if I train it in a seperate room and give it plenty of personal time?
    but i agree they all chitter chatter away and you can tell that they have real conversations haha

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It can put a stop to it learning to talk but if you keep at its traning then eventually i think it will start to talk.

I would not give up yet.

Mike

5. drab911

drab911 New Member

oh I would never give up, but its better to provide a better situation now then realize about it later... I guess all birds are different as well!! have you ever owned a parrotlet?? Such a beautiful bird!!

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I own a peachfaced lovebird which is part of the parrotlet family, She is fully hand tame and can even escape from her cage yet we can not seem to figure out how she is doing it.

She loves to go in the shower and loves to chase the dogs around the living room.

Mike

7. armandndeb

armandndeb New Member

budgies are great communicaters

:D I have 4 budgies, 2 females and 2 males in a big cage, they are constantly chatting with each other but its the 2 males that really get intense, the younger one will look the older one in the eyes beak to beak and then he will bob his head and then take one foot and try to push the older one off the perch, the older one just lets him carry on, it is so funny, they will do this for a very long time every day, the females are in breeding mode, the older one I think is barren, she never has laid a egg and the younger one was bred by the younger male, I have a long gated millet holder, well she put her head though the hole and rolled on her back and then came sunny the male, well I need not go on with the rest of the story, but that also was funny, I wondered why she kept throwing out the wheat bread and millet from the holder, now I know, They are very bright and clever, The older male will chat with me for as long as I will talk and listen to him, we go though our everyday routine and they know exactly what to expect every morning.

8. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi your male is not trying to push the other of the perch, Males kick the females to see if they will allow them to mate.

Since you have them all in the same cage and the females are in breeding mode the young male will take it upon himself to be the stud of the males and will try and mate with the older male.

Mike

9. armandndeb

armandndeb New Member

thank you mike for the info and setting me straight, the older male is really tolerent of the younger males gestures, the females could take him or leave him at this point, the female that was bred her cere is so brown it looks bloodied, is this normal?

10. drab911

drab911 New Member

my females did that at about a year or so old... it ended up flaking off and hten a lighter one came in... but its still dark

11. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Yeah its very normal for the cere to go very dark brown when in breeding condition the darker it is the closer to egg laying she is.

Sometimes like drab911 it can go like that and just flake off.

I would not worry unless it starts to bleed then you will need to see an avian vet.

Mike

12. armandndeb

armandndeb New Member

she is paying more attention to the nest

I,m new at this so I,m alittle nervous, it will be her first clutch. Her name is blue but she is tri-colored blue, yellow and gray, the male that is gonna be papa is bright yellow with a slight touch off green near his tail, if they produce with success it should be interesting what the offspring will look like, thank you for being here with some good advice, it is conforting to know someone with knowledge is at your fingertips. Thanks
    Deb :)