1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I have a stupid question to ask...............

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by pomlover, Jan 18, 2005.

1. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I guess I will be admitting that I don't know a whole lot about dogs. Sorry!! Anyway, we are looking at another Pom as a friend for Lacie and the guy we are thinking about buying him from said he is reg. with APR. He said he still had this little guy becuase the other lady didn't want him because he wasn't reg. with AKC. OK, here is my stupid question...........what is the real difference in the two? I have NO idea. Lacie is reg. with the AKC but this little guy is APR. We won't be breading them. He will be neutered when he gets old enough. He is 3 months old and weighs approx. 3 lbs. Any informatin you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to be so dumb. :?

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

AKC is supposed to help get you a better dog, But that is not always they case. I think the pom will be fine. Wish I could tell you more, but I really don't delve into that subject much. AKC is better than CKC , CKC is much easier to get a dog into. Their standards are not as high. But you can find a great pet dog thats not registered. They are everywhere. I'm not even certain what APR is.

3. WinniPoo

WinniPoo New Member

Not an expert either, but did a little google search and found APR means American Puppy Registry and not recognized by the AKC. This being said and you don't plan on your puppy being anything but a pet, don't get suckered into paying more money for a registration that really means nothing. This is only my opinion!!

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

APR could be the American Purebred Registry.
    Here's what they have on their site about registration: