1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I Have Lost My Mind!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Sorry I have not been around much (again!) Sarge acts like a man w/a cold! He is doing great, a little nutty, but then you all know that is normal for him!

The neighbors brought me a stray last Friday, looked like a Aussy mix. He was a doll, so sweet and crazy! I could not say no, though I should have. I posted flyers around the neighborhood and up at the local stores, and as I was carrying my invalid Sarge to the car, this lady walks up and says she lives about 8 blocks down and someone told her I had this Aussy mix dog and she was praying it was hers. She described him and said that some men working on her kitchen had not only let her dog out of his kennel (in the basement!) They let him loose outside!!! He didn't have on his collar b/c she had been brushing him and had to run out quick so she put him in the kennel never imagining the workmen would let him out. Can you imagine! She said she was on the verge of filing a lawsuit over it!

So, the beautiful boy was hers. His name is Henry and he is Aussie and Lab. 8 mo. old.

I am getting that sneaking suspicion that I am becoming the "samsintentions" of my neighborhood! The people who brought the puppy to me said they "heard" I help animals.... uh oh! I think I;m in trouble!

P.S. I saw my other neighbor this morning and she asked me if that "big, fluffy dog she has seen around my house the last couple of days is mine"... what fluffy dog? Do even the strays know I'm about me???

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Muahahahhahaha.....
    My Curse is working!!!! I'm infecting you all!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha...

Glad you found that cuties home! I love happy endings!

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL! You're in trouble now...

4. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:shock: St. Bernard. St. Bernard is the big fluffy puppy dog she saw by my house. My husband just called me from home and said that there is HUGE St. Bernard w/no tags laying in on our front porch. He gave him some water. I asked him to check around the neighbors to see if they know who he belongs to. Guess I'm making another flyer... I take it as a bad sign that my husband said "I think he likes it when I call him George!" all excited.

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hahahahahaha!! :lol:

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

maybe sarge will have a new brother george!!

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

OMG 2 in one day! I am glad you found the aussies home now the st benard saga

honeybear

8. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

OK, here is the message on my Voice Mail from my husband...

"Hey, George is still hanging around here just so you know. I asked a couple of the neighbors and they don't know George. If he is still here when you get home, he likes scrambled eggs alot."

Um, scrambled eggs? What does he think we are running? A Bed and Breakfast for strays!!!! Yea, George is STILL hanging around! Why wouldn't he be? I wonder if my husband offered him juice or coffee!

9. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

Uh-Oh...Sounds like hubby's already in love with George, and a St Bernard no less!!!! Sorry, but the scrambled eggs thing made my heart go Awwwww cuz that's something my hubby would do!!

10. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Kathy74- He is a nut. I asked him if he cut George's toast into triangles for him too and said "No, that would be too much!"

11. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

Ummmmm..I hope you have room for a St bernard!!! My hubby has had to restrain himself a couple of times from bringing home strays! He thinks it's cool that he's the only guy around who could bring home a puppy any time, day or night, and not get yelled at!! I love hearing my big tough biker-type husband saying "Do my girls want a bite of Daddy's sandwich?" when he thinks no one's around! I could not imagine being with someone who didn't adore animals!

12. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I know exactly what you mean! My husband still picks up Sarge and carries him around like a puppy and he is pushing 60lbs.!

13. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

Sunday morning, I was up at 7 to feed the girls and let them out, couldn't go back to sleep so I let them in with Greg. At 10:30, I hear "Sweetie, could you come here" so I go into our room and Serene's asleep across his legs and Jersey's using his butt for a pillow! He says "Could you move them without waking them, cuz I can't lie like this anymore and they haven't moved for half an hour" Big tough guy didn't want to wake his little princesses! Makes me happy b/c I know I'll be able to wear him down for 3rd dog and 4th dog and.....

14. Samsintentions

he he he hehe.....

OH Sarge'smom...your infor it now!!!!

15. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Oh god, you should see my husband scrunched onto the end of the bed with barely a corner of a piece of pillow, because he did not want to move sasha off HIS pillow. LOL Hope George finds his home.

16. nern

nern New Member

Wow, Sargesmom sounds like you've been busy. Hope you are able to find "George's" owners before your husband becomes too attatched. LOL.

17. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Oh the name Goerge fits a St Benard perfectly. I love St Benards my grandparents had one when I was a kid and he lived to be about 15 which is pretty old for a large breed dog.

18. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Well, he does seem to answer to George. We survived the night, we are all a little slober logged, but he is a BIG sweety. He wants to play with Sarge so bad, but, since I don't know anything about him yet, I am keeping them separated for now. I did my flyers and now we wait and see. I have not told myhusband yet, that if we really can't find who George belongs with, we will keep him. I forsee 50 dogs and cats living with us in the future! I am so weak!

19. Samsintentions

he he he... I like the name George!!! I picture this Big slobbery goofball!!!

20. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL. You know all is lost when you've named him. :)

Last night I was watching TV and Bonnie smooshed onto my chair with me and fell asleep. She looked so darn adorable I couldn't move her and just sat there, while I developed this terrible itch on my leg that there was no way I could reach. And then I had to pee. I sat there for as long as possible but eventually I had no choice but to get up!

I wish my husband liked animals as much as yours does. :|