1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i just got a dragonfish today and dont know much about it

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by nick_no_11, Dec 5, 2005.

1. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

i just got home with a dragonfish the petshop person said i can eat flakes and live fish i was wondering wat i should feed it right now it have guppies and flakes in tank right now ...what should i feed him? and how i keep him happy?
    any help will be apreciated

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Honestly, you should have researched before you bought it. But anyway . . .

How big is your tank?

Dragon fish (aka violet gobies) are brackish so you need to be adding some salt to the tank. They can get almost 2 feet long so it's going to need a pretty good sized tank (around 40 - 50 gallons minimum). Also, they are NOT predatory and generally will not eat fish. They mostly eat plankton and small insects like blood worms, brine shrimp, and daphnia and other left over foods on the bottom of the tank.

http://species.fishindex.com/species_91 ... _goby.html
    http://fish.mongabay.com/species/Gobioi ... netii.html

-Chelle

3. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

ok s i need a bigger tank he like 3 in right now and in a ten galand i have been feeding him flakes. so ill give to cusin he has big tan. the pet shop owner had him in ten gal.

pirhana
    10 gal comunity
    4guppys
    dragonfish
    like 30 minows (probly 26 by now cause of pirhana)
    a dove
    a blacklab
    a mini doxin