1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i know this isn't cat related

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

but I'll mention them in the post so it is...I GOT A JOB :eek:
    i've been laid off since the end of October and although we aren't starving I am/have been going nuts sitting around.
    Well not sitting around but cleaning my house. Makes the cats nuts :y_the_best: cause I tear a room apart and move all their beds and stuff (okay mentioned the cats).

I applied for a job as a clerical assistant for the town office of a town just south of us. Had the first interview last Tuesday, got called in for a 2nd one for Thursday and was offered the job with almost as much pay as I was getting after 6 years at the job I got laid off from.

I start this upcoming Wednesday. It's not exactly full-time (32 hours) so no bennies (no jobs have bennies up here) but it's better than unemployment. I have been so afraid one of the furkids would get sick (mentioned them again)....now I can work on getting my credit rebuilt back up at the vet. Molly needs a dental this spring.

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

That's fantastic news! Congratulations! :eek:

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Congratulations!!! I know how you feel!! My honey has been unemployed since end of Aug!! No-one is rebuilding or wanting to do any home repairs.....
    It's just been me working and I don't make alot so I'm with ya on worrying about one of the furkids getting ill!!! Busters meds are PLENTY!!!!! :mrgreen:

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

DH is a mason so I understand that one!!! He's lucky though his job ended in November and he has 5 bids out there so hopefully something will happen for him soon

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Great news, Mary. Congratulations. I know it's is really tough out there right now.

6. vene

vene New Member

Congrats Mary! I'm so happy for you that things are looking up!

7. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Mary_NH. That is good news. How is the new job going? :eek:

8. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Wow! a new job

Congrats on your new job !!!

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi everyone. So, how is the new job going? Hope everyone is doing well. :D